- The Supplier offers a 20-day returns period for all of Goods. If the Buyer is not happy with any Goods they can return the Goods for any reason.
- Where the Buyer wants to take advantage of the 30-day returns policy then the Buyer must contact the Supplier by email at email@example.com within 30 days of the date it was delivered.
- The Buyer has the right to make their own arrangements to return the product back to our Warehouse to avoid deduction of refund.
- The Buyer, at the Buyer’s expense, must return the Goods within 30 days of the Buyer’s notification to the Supplier.
- Goods must be returned in the original packaging with adequate insurance during the return journey and must be in the same condition as when they were dispatched by the Supplier.
- The Supplier expects the Goods to be returned in good condition. Within 30 days of their return to the Supplier, the Supplier will make an inspection as to the condition of the Goods.
- If the condition is acceptable then the Supplier must make arrangements to refund the Buyer within 30 days of the date of the Supplier’s inspection. Refunds will be made using the same method of payment that the Buyer used when purchasing the Goods.
- If the condition is unacceptable then the Supplier reserves the right to deduct 15% restocking fee to cover charges for repackaging and repair.
- Where the Buyer is returning any Goods from Norway or Switzerland, the Supplier will not refund any duty fees paid at customs for initial receipt of the goods.